CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Princess Dakota of Damascus

Dakota, my brother Zac's dog, passed away today.  I think she was 8 0r 9 years old (I don't remember for sure).  She was quite the escape artist and somehow, made it down into downtown Damascus this afternoon.  She wasn't used to being around traffic and ran out in front of a bus.  A friend of my Mom's saw it happen and called to let her know.  Dakota was the sweetest, most energetic and loving dog I have ever known.  I will miss her and I'm sad that she wont be around for my kids to play with anymore.  I'm sorry that Zac is having to go through losing a pet.  He is just about the age I was when we lost our dog Buster.  It was easy to act tough, like I was okay, but inside, I was crying.  And I still miss Buster today, just like I will always miss Dakota from now on too.  Rest in peace Dakota.

 This is the only picture I could find of Dakota.  Unfortunately, it's just her back.  That is Baby Tyler siting with Nonna.  He loved to look at Dakota when he was a baby and has loved chasing her as a toddler.  

2 comments:

ZBaller said...

she was turning 8 in april

Anonymous said...

What a nice post, Heather.