I set my status on Facebook (fb) today as : Heather Barnes is going to have FUN today... No if, ands or buts about it, and boy did I ever! The day started off kinda boring with the same old routine. The kids drove me crazy, trashed the house, and all I did was yell and pick up after them. Reilly went to school and the boys went down for a nap. Well, at least Bo took a nap. Tyler decided he didn't want to take a nap and would rather stay in his room and scream at the top of his lungs for two hours. So that's what he did while I took a shower. When it came time to go pick up Reilly from the bus stop, I let Ty out of his room and off we went. Before we even got to the end of the street he was sound asleep. He didn't wake up until we got home... YAY, a 10 minute nap. Once we were home, I got Bo dressed and Ty dressed (no, they weren't still in their jammies, but we had big plans and they weren't going out in public in what they were wearing). What? You want to know what our big plans were? Well I'll tell you. I think if I had to give fb a slogan it would be : Facebook - Bringing People Together! Since posting a profile on fb, I've reconnected with many many people whom I haven't seen in 10 years or so. Today, we had plans to meet up with my old friends Colleen, Michelle and Jessy at Burger King so our kids could play. I went to church youth group with these ladies and really hadn't seen much of them (if at all) since I was a teenager. It was a great time. I think the best time that I've had in so long. Michelle has three kids now, Colleen has two and Jessy has three. We were outnumbered by our kids which is something that I never thought I'd say. I NEVER get adult time and I was a little hesitant to expect to get some because usually adult time consists of keeping the kids from fighting with each other. This time it didn't. The kids all played nicely and we ladies got to chat. It was wonderful. We stayed at BK for about 2 1/2 hours before heading home (Bo was hungry and I'm still not comfortable with nursing in a public place). Poor Colleen's husband is on the road for work, so since my husband was at a Blazer game tonight, we were pretty much "single moms". She and her girls came over and stayed until 10:15PM when Jeff got home. I can't believe how fast the time went by. This was the best play date I have ever had. Colleen and I were able to talk and all four kids played great together. Sure the house got a little messy, but there was no fighting or screaming or anything. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! I can't wait for our next play date.

Colleen & Me

0 comments:
Post a Comment