CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow Day

Today was our first snow of the year... quite possibly, our only snow.  The last couple winters have been pretty mild, so this was a nice change.  I haven't lived in Troutdale for snow though and I am amazed at how much didn't stick to the ground, but blew away instead.  As of 9 o'clock tonight, I think everything is iced over.  The temperature in Troutdale right now is 23 degrees.  Cold Cold Cold.  And with the wind chill, it feels like 8 degrees.  Burrrrrr.  Once it stopped snowing this afternoon, Jeff took the kids out for a quick 10 minute play time in the snow.  I stayed in the house where it's warm with Bodhi and took pictures through the window.  

This was the view this afternoon from our bedroom window.  I wish all the snow blowing through the air was showed up in the picture, but it didn't.  It was like a blizzard.  

Look at that silly man freezing his butt off.  

"Hey kids, let's throw snow at Mommy."

"I don't know about this whole snow thing."  Tyler hasn't ever been in the snow before.  I know I know, we live at the foot of Mt. Hood and we've never taken him to the snow.  What bad bad parents we are. 


"I got you Mommy."

Reilly making a snow-angel

Playing with Ty's dump trucks

Ty's poor little arms were freezing.  Jeff didn't realize that his sleeves had slid up and I didn't realize it until after I took the pictures. 


Jeff got Reilly's jeep out and it wouldn't really go by itself in the snow so Jeff pushed them around.  They LOVED it. 



Then Jeff took the roof to Tyler's tree-house and tied a rope to it to pull them around.  I thought we had a sled, but we must have lost it at some point during one of our many moves over the last 3 years. 

The weather isn't suppose to warm up for a week, so I have a feeling the snow will stick around for a while.  The weather-men are predicting more snow later this week so we'll see if they're right.  I have to admit, I like the snow, but not this kind of snow.  I like it when it's just about 32 degrees outside, it snows, covers everything, sticks around for maybe a day and then all melts and the weather warms back up to around 40 degrees.  This "arctic freeze" (as the news has been calling it) is not my cup of tea.  I hope it ends sooner than they're predicting.  It's Christmas time and I have things to do.  I cannot be stuck at home.


0 comments: