CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Carving


Since we went to the pumpkin patch last weekend, we thought we'd better get the pumpkins carved this weekend.  Jeff got all the halloween decorations out yesterday and he and the kids decorated the house too.  What a halloweeny weekend.  

Last year I cleaned out Reilly's pumpkin for her because there was no way she was touching "all that stuff".  This year, she wanted to do it, but had to wear gloves.  

The gloves were too big for Ty, so he used a spoon because he wasn't about to touch it either. 

The gloves kept coming off, so she was forced to use her hands.

Tyler would pretend to put his hand in, but still wasn't interested in touching it.

Doesn't she look like a vampire (with her two front teeth missing)?  

The spoon was working pretty well for him since he wouldn't use his hands.

Daddy getting the last bit out of Rei's.

So not only did she finally decide to use her hands, but she LOVED the feeling and wouldn't stop playing with it.  (I love it too)

See my big pile?!

Reilly's carved pumpkin is above her head and Tyler's carved pumpkin is above his head.  Reilly drew the face on hers and Jeff cut it out.  Next year I'll have to get some of those safe pumpkin carving knives so she can cut her own out.  I was not prepared.

0 comments: