Yesterday we went on a day trip to the Hood River Fruit Loop. We went with Jeff's parent's (Fred & Judi) in their motor-home since it gets better gas mileage than our Suburban. It was a pretty fun day. We stopped at 4 different farms. Fred and Jeff sat in the front and planned our whole day. It was nice to sit in back on a nice comfy couch and relax.
Jeff in the front seat acting as navigator.
Our first stop was Rasmussen Farms. Jeff & Fred took Ty & Rei through the corn maze and then to pick out pumpkins in the pumpkin patch while Judi, Bo & I shopped for apples and squash.
Fred & Tyler on an old tractor in the pumpkin patch.
Watch out, he'll run over you. Is that a pumpkin or a watermelon there on the left?
Slaying the dragons.
The kids in the pumpkin patch. The pumpkins they picked out are already in the motor-home. Jeff doesn't always have the camera out snapping pictures like me and didn't take any pictures, so I made him go back out to take a picture with the pumpkins. This is what I got.
I probably took 20 pictures of Tyler and me trying to get him to look at the camera. The one time he actually looked, I was looking at him... figures.
I think Bodhi really enjoyed the ride. He was so content in his car seat looking out the window watching everything go by.
Our second stop was the Draper Girls Farm. The map said there was a petting zoo but it was more just animal viewing. They had a great assortment of apples and squash though and I loaded up on squash. We are going to be eating squash for a month. It was so much cheaper than in the grocery store.
Tyler & Daddy.
The last two farms we went to were Kiyokawa Family Orchards & Fruit Stand and Apple Valley Country Store, Bakery & Barbecue. We were planning to eat at the last one, but it was very expensive, so we hit the road. It was a fun day. I wish we'd gotten more pictures, but I learned my lesson for next time. Give Jeff the baby and keep the camera for myself.

0 comments:
Post a Comment