Last night, Tyler was screaming his head off in his crib about 1/2 hour after I'd put him down. I went in there to find out what the problem was and get him back to sleep. All he kept saying was "sleep there" while pointing to his big boy bed. We haven't tried to sleep him there yet because we can't even get him to stay in his crib during the night or naps... why would he stay in bed? He seemed really adamant, and said, "Mommy, I big boy". What mother could resist that??? So, I put him in his big boy bed. He had to have his two crib pillows with him though as well as his crib comforter (draped over the side of the bed). I went to the store and when I got back, I asked Jeff if he heard any noise from Tyler's room. He said he hadn't. I went to check for myself half expecting to see toys all over the room with him sitting in the middle of it all quietly playing. Nope, he was sound asleep with his "b" (pacifier) on the pillow next to him.
Under his bed is one of those bed rails that attaches to keep the kids from falling out. I didn't have the energy last night to get it out and mount it when sleeping in the bed was such a last minute decision anyway. So, at 1:30 AM I heard him screaming because he'd fallen out of bed. Oops! After that, he didn't want to sleep there the rest of the night, so being the pushover I am, let him come sleep with us. But tonight, we will mount the rail and try it all over again.

0 comments:
Post a Comment