We have been up since 5:30 am. Not because of Bo (which is usually who is responsible for the early rising), but because Ty woke up and decided that today is a good day to run around like a mad man. This is not the first time. In fact, this happens at least once a week. It is just especially bad today because I feel like crap. (Sorry for the crap word and the sucks word Mom). My nose is so stuffed up and can't even try to breath through it, my cheeks hurt, my forehead hurts, my teeth hurt, my eyes wont stop watering, and I have a pounding in the back of my head that is making me nauseated. I just took my Musinex, Sudafed, Tylenol cocktail, so all I can do now is sit back and pray that it helps soon. The kids appear to feel just fine. Tyler has snot dripping from his nose non-stop and sounds like he's coughing up a lung every 5 minutes, but it's not affecting his running rampant throughout the house.
Speaking of running rampant... I'm beginning to think that Tyler may have ADD. I know, all parents probably think this at one point when they have a hyper kid, so I'm not going to go into much detail about why I think so. I am however, going to try an experiment. I've been reading about hyper active kids and caffeine.... give your child one cup of strong brew in the morning and it will mellow him out for most of the day. This was first suggested to me by Dr. Kurt Larsen, a nationally recognized leader in education technology. Since then, I have read a lot about it on various web pages and decided to give it a shot. Tyler doesn't like hot beverages, so I made him a cup of iced coffee with some yummy flavored liquid creamer. He really likes it and has almost drank the whole cup. So, I'm anxious to see if this will work or if it will completely backfire in my face and just wind him up even more. I'll post later with the results.

2 comments:
So? What happened?
I am SO curious about the result! Let us know. Did you notice a difference? Did you do it again?
Post a Comment