CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Friday, February 20, 2009

California Trip

Last weekend we made a quick getaway down to visit the folks in Chico, CA.  Thank you Dad & Kurt.  
We left at five o'clock on Friday morning and started off on our journey.  We were thinking that leaving that early would provide a nice dark car perfect for sleeping.  We were wrong.  Bo slept just fine, but Reilly and Tyler insisted on staying awake for most of the ride.  We made a couple stops and arrived safe and sound around three thirty that afternoon.  About an hour and a half of our trip involved very treacherous road conditions with tons and tons of snow everywhere.  It was so beautiful and I wish so much that I had had my camera handy..  Though I think everyone has seen enough "snow" pictures in my blog to last a lifetime!  In all honesty, it was the most horrible car ride I think we have ever had.  Reilly wouldn't leave Tyler alone.  Tyler wouldn't leave Reilly alone.  There wasn't a moments peace...  "when will we be there?"  "are we close yet?"  "i'm hungry."  "i'm bored."...  over and over and over again.  After we stopped for breakfast, I ended up sitting in the back seat between the boys while Rei sat in the front seat.  I think that is finally when I stopped wanting to pull my hair out.  

One of the mornings we were there, Grammy came to the hotel to visit.  She brought with her some of the fun activities she had had for Adam, Melanie and me to do when we were youngsters visiting her home in Magalia.  



Grammy, Reilly & Tyler playing with the colorful blocks.


The same three playing with some plastic link type things.  I don't know what they're actually called, but we used to have  a whole lot of fun with them.  We would make long long chains and run the chain in one room and out the other.  


Jeff and Bo peacefully observing from the couch.  

We were only down there a total of 2 full days.  We went down on Friday and returned home on Monday.  So on Saturday and Sunday, we spent the morning doing what us Barnses do best...  just hanging out, and then spent the afternoon's and evening's over at Casa de Mama (the name of the house where Gramma, Kurt & my Dad live).   We spent a lot of time playing cards (kid time & grown up time) and just enjoying each other's company.  


Kurt drew Tyler a dog and it was the best dog I've ever seen anyone draw on a magna-doodle... 


 Gramma & Reilly played War many times.  


Dad and Reilly played War a few times too!



Bodhi found his new favorite sleeping place right on Grandpa Brad's chest.  

When we had "grown up" card time, the kids either sat with us or played nicely by themselves.  It really was much more peaceful there than it ever is here at home. 



 Tyler and Bodhi are sure to be best friends when they are a bit older.  Bo already smiles at Ty more than he smiles at anyone.   




Playing cards...  


Mr. Smiles  


Dad found a long balloon in his back yard and the kids thought it was great.  Dad would blow it up, give it to one of the kids, they would let go and it would go flying around the room making an awful screeching sound.  YAY!  


Bo loved his Great Gramma, and she loved him even more.  She wanted to hold him the whole time.  I loved watching them together.  


Dad & Reilly playing quietly.  


Tyler playing by himself (wish he would do that at home).  


Bo sleeping soundly, again, with Gramma. 


And what's the point of visiting with family if there's not going to be a big group photo shoot at the end!!! 
 











0 comments: