Sunday, February 22, 2009
Last September's Kitchen Fire
If you remember, we had a small kitchen fire last September when I was 9 months pregnant (not that me being pregnant has anything to do with it). If you don't remember, you can see pictures and read about it here. Anyway, after this fire happened, our renter's insurance company wanted us to have the fire department come out to check the attic and make sure the fire was out completely and nothing was smoldering. I didn't want to call 911 because the fire was out and it wasn't an emergency. However, I didn't know any other number to call. I looked online and the only number I could find turned out to be the phone number of a station in SW Portland. I called it anyway knowing they could probably tell me who to call. The guy there told me that I should call 911 and tell them that I have a "cold fire" and they will send someone out. So, I did, and they did, and that was that. Now, the reason for this post 5 months later is this... I was sitting here tonight chatting with friends on facebook and one of the friends I was chatting with was my old youth group leader at Good Shepherd from when I was in high school. He is a fireman now and somehow, I don't really remember how, but I started telling him about our small kitchen fire we had. Turns out, he's the fireman I had spoken with at the station in SW Portland. SMALL WORLD DON'T YA THINK!!!? And that's it. I rambled on and on just to let everyone know what a small world this is.
Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment