CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Friday, March 6, 2009

Where is the Logic?

 Today I thought we'd go through the drive-thru at Starbucks before going to the bus stop to pick up Reilly,  because I still have some credit left on a gift card.  I ordered my drink and a cookie for Ty and proceeded to the window.  Unfortunately, I had forgotten that my gift card is in the Suburban and since it's not running that great (again), we were in the Civic.  Oh well I thought, I'll just use the debit card - but nope, didn't have that either, which reminds me that I need to go track it down after I'm done writing this.  Luckily, I have a debit card in my wallet from Jeff's old account so I thought I'd just use that..  Wrong again!  His card didn't have a signature on it so they wanted to see my ID.  Of course, they didn't bother to look at the name on the card before asking for my ID or they would have seen that it said Jeffery.   I had already handed the cookie to Tyler and he was eating it in the back seat.  The lady working said, "don't worry about it, I'll still give you the coffee since we've already made it and we'd just have to throw it away anyway, but we can't give away pastries".  I pointed to Ty in the back seat so she could see that he was already eating it and she gave me a nice fake smile and said "I'm sorry, but we'll have to have that back".  Tyler gave it back to me, I gave it back to her, and we left.  I hope they are able to sell that half eaten cookie because I really hope that she wouldn't rather throw it away than let a cute two year old eat it.  I don't expect to get free things, and I was in the process of digging for my coin purse at the bottom of my diaper bag to pay for the cookie.  However, after she suggested that I take it away from him, I was just done.  McDonald's cookies taste better and are cheaper anyway.  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGSH! I can't believe she asked for the cookie back. You should have fumbled longer in other areas of your purse, glove compartment, etc... By that time Tyler would have eaten the cookie! I know, the cars behind you, the barista going ballistic and all that. Then you could have just shrugged and smiled at her and say you will make a donation to the crisis welfare customer service fired employees fund. There. I feel better, how about you?
Ha! Patti