CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fresh OJ

Tyler was digging in the miscellaneous utensil drawer in the kitchen and pulled out the citrus fruit squeezer and asked what it was.  After explaining the process to him and Reilly, they wanted to try it.  I just happened to have two big bags of oranges in the garage because they were so cheap at Safeway that I thought, 'sure, why not'!  I got them each a little bowel and let them do two oranges a piece.  I told them that they had to drink any juice they got out and they agreed.  Once we were done, one sip a piece and they didn't want any more.  How lucky was that!  I love orange juice so I was happy to drink all of it.


Reilly squeezing, Tyler smiling and Bo just hanging out in the dining room on the table.  Yes, my dining room wall looks bare, but I know exactly what is going there.  Someone just hasn't give it to me yet you know who you are =)


We had company over last night for dinner and they brought me these gorgeous flowers.  Tulips and Daffodils are my favorites, and I just can't stop taking pictures of them.  And they look so pretty with the oranges.  


This glass has the juice from two oranges.  Not a lot.  Worth it?  Maybe.  It tasted wonderful.  When I was in high school, we used to visit my Dad in Florida and he would make fresh OJ for us every morning, noon or night, basically whenever we wanted it.  But then again, he had a juicer which made the process much quicker and much more plentiful.   I had forgotten how much I LOVE fresh squeezed OJ.  If anyone has a juicer they're done with, I'll gladly take it off your hands!  :)


The mess...  sure makes the garbage disposal smell wonderful though!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of the flowers, the juice and oj is really pretty! I totally thought about your wall looking bare in that picture. Haha! I actually tore my craft table apart last week when we had that one sunny day looking for my spray paint so I could do your window! I finally found it and it is sitting with the window, ready and waiting for another good, dry day for me to work on it. Coming soon!