We bought a new house.. or rather a new to us house. It's in a great neighborhood in Troutdale on a nice culdesac and I'm really happy with the schools the kids will be able to take the bus too. It was a foreclosure so we got a great deal on it.
The previous owners did not leave the house in very good condition, and I'm sure it was because they were upset that they were being forced to move out. I can only imagine how devastated I would feel if I was forced to move out of my home. It makes me sad and wonder what happened to them. They were a young family... lots of baby items in a big pile in the garage (swing, framed back pack, crib pieces) and bottles & sippy- cups in the dishwasher. There was a plastic pool in the back yard, a baby swing hanging from a tree and much much more. I really do hope they are doing better now.
So, when I said they didn't leave the house in good condition, the following pictures will explain what I meant. Jeff didn't want me to post any "before" pictures until I had "after" pictures to post as well. But, I'm going to anyway. Please note that everything is cleaned, fixed and looks completely different now. The yard is cleaned up, all the junk is gone and the carpets are ripped out. All that's keeping me from the "after" pictures is waiting on the carpet and kitchen/dining room floor, which will hopefully be installed by the middle of next week.
So here's your pictures Shellee.
Front of the house with the over-grown yard.
Living room view from entry way. The carpet has pet urine everywhere.
kitchen and through the doorway the family room.
Family room, more pet stains.
One upstairs bedroom. This room was painted a beautiful color of blue. It would have been perfect for Tyler, but since he has to share his room with Bo when he's a little older, we needed to make the bigger bedroom his. Bye bye blue walls.
These two pictures are of the other room. Each wall was painted different and all the colors were very bright and obnoxious. I'm happy to say that they are no longer those colors anymore.
Master closet... lots of pet poop. Disgusting!
Master bathroom... more pet poop. They must have just left the animals in the house to pee and poop everywhere. The whole house stunk and it was a real pain getting rid of the smell.
Backyard view from the dining room slider.
A corner in the back yard.
There is a nice shop with electricity over there on the other side of all that tall grass.
View of house from the shop.
Inside the shop. The whole floor was covered with junk.
It took three trips to the dump with that big trailer in the first picture full, to rid the house and yard of all the junk that was left behind.

1 comments:
Yay! Other than the 'condition' it's in, it looks like a great house! Nice backyard, nice living space, congrats!
Post a Comment