CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mmm, Yummy!

Anyone care for some green ice?  This is what we found in the freezer when we came home after spending the day away.  I ran a couple pitchers of water through the water dispenser in the freezer door and it was nice and clear, so I turned the ice maker back on.  Once again, green ice.  Hmmm.  The kids and Jeff just went outside to play in the sprinkler and when Jeff turned the water faucet on the side of the house to 'on', the fridge started shaking and making a very loud noise.  I thought it was going to shake itself across the kitchen.  Any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the WEIRDEST thing! When I first saw the picture, I thought you had tossed a few slices of lime in your ice tray to flavor the ice. I have NO idea what this is. I've been totally curious to see if anyone else has any ideas, but no one is commenting!

Heather said...

I emailed the water quality division at Rockwood Water and sent the picture too. This is what I heard back from them, which is actually pretty much the same thing that Kurt told me.

"From your description the problem is specific to the fridge. I would think green would be either algae in the filter or if the shaking is from air in the line it might be internal corrosion of the copper line feeding the ice maker. I would change the filter, and disconnect the water feed to the fridge and flush it really good or replace it with one of the new ones available, if it is copper."

Looks like we need a new fridge. Now that I think about it, the fridge has been making a really annoying loud banging sound since last November anyway, so it's probably time.

Jeff couldn't believe that I actually posted that picture. He said "now nobody is going to want to drink our water when they come over to our house".