CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Monday, July 28, 2008

Camping

We packed up and went camping last Thursday and headed for Timothy Lake.  Last summer every time we went we found a spot no problem.  This summer, there wasn't a single available spot in all four campgrounds.  The camp host said it's probably because the cost of gas is so expensive that everyone is staying close to home.  We knew there were more lakes up on Mt. Hood with campgrounds, we just hadn't ever been to the others.  We decided to stop at the first one we came to...  Clear Lake.  Surprise, that campground was full too.  But, as we were about to leave, the camp host told us to check out the "overflow" area on the other side.  We drove over there and there was plenty of spots.  The whole place was all dirt and dusty as can be, but there was lake access, fire-pits and picnic tables, so what more did we need.  We found our perfect spot and got all set up.  It wasn't until later that evening that we realized that since we weren't in a "campground", there was no running water.  Jeff and Reilly set out to find some and returned with both jugs full.  We even made both jugs last the whole 4 days.  I can't believe how dusty and dirty everything got.  I think we dirty'd up as many clothes in 4 days than we normally would in a week.  It's very exhausting camping when you're 7 months pregnant I realized and was way to lazy to get the camera.  I'm disapointed in myself because the kids really had a blast and I don't have any pictures to remember it.  The only time we took pictures was one night after the kids were in bed and Jeff and I stayed up to roast marshmallows and play cards.  Not to rub it in, but I kicked butt.  Here's pretty much the only pictures we took.  


It might be a little hard to see, but while we were sitting on the shore of the lake trying out our luck at fishing (turns out we are luck free), we noticed that some of the clouds were rainbow colored.  I made Jeff get up and get the camera.  Maybe if I had done that other times, I would have more pictures of the kids.  Anyway, we did notice that you couldn't really see the colors without sunglasses on, so these pictures are through the sunglass lens.  But still, the colors are nowhere near as vibrant on camera as they were in person.  They were absolutely beautiful.  We all had our guesses at what caused it, but we don't know for sure, so if there are any smarties out there, please feel free to put our curiosity to rest.  

1 comments:

ZBaller said...

jeff looks awsome in the pic with the cards!!!! he looks so clever like he has a trick up his sleeve!!! lol!!!